Stuck in the women's department with nowhere to go!

So last night, Caden, Katie and I went on a nice little "buy a carseat date." I have to admit, it was a ton of fun! We went to the Macaroni Grill (with a gift certificate!), shopped at Babies R Us, Target, and Herbergers. It was a great night with the fam! (We even discovered a Jimmy Johns in Forest Lake, though we didn't eat there)

Herbergers however, offered some challenging situations for me. I found a great sweater (75.00 marked down to 19.99) so I thought it was only fair to see if there was anything for Katie. We make our way to the women's department and find a cool pair of pants for her. But apparently women's cloths are different that men's clothes. So she tried on a couple different pair. This left me and Caden's car seat and diaper bag in the middle of the women's section alone!
At first I didn't see this as too big of a problem. That is, until I started noticing all the ladies looking at me strange. Its not like you can just look through the clothing, that is even MORE strange. I didn't know what I could do. Here I am a fat guy, hat on backwards, smack dab in the middle of "no man's land."
So, I did what any good man would do. I positioned myself by the ugliest sweaters I could find, and stood there. There was NO WAY anyone could think I was trying to hit on anyone in this section! These were not your ordinary sweaters! (sorry for any of you who may own one of these). They were so ugly, I pulled out my camera and took a picture! See below.



Unfortunately, I didn't think about the fact that taking a camera out of your pocket and taking a picture made me look even more strange and suspicious. Thankfully Katie and Caden returned from the dressing room soon after and I was saved.
All in all, it was a great night with Katie and Caden, but please, and we not return to the women's department for a while? At least at smaller stores I could have moved to a different section. THE WHOLE FLOOR was women's!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So I take it you don't like my new sweater? :) Love, Mom

Brad said...

I was just going to say you were in the middle of grandma land. Those sweaters are a must have for all school teashers.

The previous comment confirms all my thoughts.

Folkestad said...

honestly mom, I thought of you while I was standing there. My favorite is the bird one with the fake collar! Its just like wearing shirt under the sweater, BUT YOU DON'T! Its amazing isn't it?