In the Line of Fire


I like working in the Christian and Missionary Alliance. There are good people, great churches and I believe that theologically, its a sound denomination. What I really like about being a part of the Alliance, is the deep history of missions that is continued with a continued passion for covering the globe with the message of Christ.
This passion is an expensive one. The value of the US dollar continues to put a strain on the missions work through the Alliance. In an economy that is causing people to re-evaluate their giving, and causing others to stop giving all together; the mission of sending others becomes a daunting one.
This morning I came across this link that reminds me of two things:
1. The "cost" of missions is high
2. The cost of missions is worth every penny...and life given.

After reading this article and seeing this video, I am again reminded of the importance of the Christian and Missionary Alliance. But even moreso, the importance of doing our part to bring the message of Christ to the nations. What part can you play?


1 comments:

Amanda said...

The last question is an important one... one I will need to consider more seriously!

Blessings-
Amanda