Olympic Cake

There are times I open my mouth and speak before thinking.  This may come as a surprise to some of you, but it is true.  I know, I know, you are shocked.  ANYWAY, I told the small group that Katie and I attend each Tuesday night that I would make a cake for dessert last night.  I had many grand thoughts and ideas, but I settled on a more simple cake since I didn't have a whole lot of time, or ambition.  
I decided on an Olympic theme with lots of color.  Here are a few pictures.  
Above: a picture of the top of the Cake.  Its the Olympic guy.  

Above: a picture of the "rainbow" layers.  Everyone was rather impressed with my layering skills :)  Used the colors from the dude on top to also color the cake.  6 layers and it didn't even lean that bad!  

A special thanks to Amanda from our church.  She is the cake/cookie queen!  I used her recipe for the rainbow cake.  Her stuff is amazing!  Check out her blog here.  

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

WOW! I am so impressed! :)

Amanda said...

I am SOOOO impressed Chris. Seriously... I hate to be rude, but you should see the pictures that people email me of their attempts at this cake. It is NOT easy! But you sure made it look that way! GREAT frosting and GREAT decorating and LOVE the inside!! You rock!

Blessings-
Amanda

Shannon said...

Cool Cake Chris! Wish I could have tasted it. I checked out Amanda's blog. It was great. Right up my alley.
Hope all is well with you and your family.

Brad said...

I'm expecting a birthday cake now. I'd like it to be Beaver Green.

Folkestad said...

you got it brad.

Kelli said...

Wow Chris...I am SO Impressed!!! I thought Amanda had MADE it for you!!! Very impressed...
by the way, what color is BEAVER GREEN?