Saying Goodbye is never easy...

Tonight, I told my youth group that Kate and I would be moving to Wisconsin. It was a tough decision we prayed about for over a month. Little did I know, it was easy compared to telling the youth I was leaving. It was tough.
The hardest part is trying to explain to them that its nothing they did, or didn't do. Its nothing they could have changed. Its hard to answer their questions of "why?"
I have never loved a group of people more than I love the youth here. I have never cared more for any group of people either. Its going to be hard to leave, but I do know that God has great things in store for us, and for the church here. Someone new will come and do a great job.
On a lighter note, one of the 7th grade boys went around to the girls after and told them... "Its ok to cry, you can hug me." TOTALLY macking on jr. and sr. girls! It was awesome! That is what I call turning a situation in your favor!

Tough night...
Chris

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FUNNY on the kid macking! But anyway, you did a good job telling them and I think that a lot of them understood. But they are sad that you guys are leaving. And so are we! But I know that this is a great opportunity for you and Katie, and I am excited for you both!

Brad said...

I found a new burger place and I think it is pretty much smack dab inbetween us. We should meet for a buger before you make the big move.

Anonymous said...

Mixed feelings moving on, I suppose. I pray for all the best for you.
Jr. Highers are all the same. Some just more obvious than others.

Miss. Mandy said...

Hello Chris!

This is Mandy - from Alliance. :) I just wanted to say, know we are praying for you and your youth group. We know how hard it is to go through a time such as this, it's not easy. Praise God He is our strength! My heart goes out to your ministry

Oh the other hand, we are SO excited the Lord is leading you here! We could not have asked for a better couple to come and lead. You are focused on the Lord and the realness of Him, at the same time down to earth and fun! Oh the Lord is good in blessing! We are thrilled to have you and Katie come! And if there is ANYTHING we can do as a youth group, or just leaders, let us know! You are always in our prayers. :)

GREAT story by the way. That is so hilarious! We will be seeing you soon!