6 hours I will never have back

WOW - that is 6 hours that I will never have back! Kate and I spent our Saturday in the basement of the hospital learning about breast feeding and birthing possitions! Thats exciting stuff!
Now don't get me wrong, I am glad we went, but wow that is a long time to sit there and talk about weird things. It was fun to watch the faces of all of us future dads at some weird moments! Even though it was good information to know, it was still... um... 6 hours I will never have back!

I'll feel a lot better after the baby is here and we are past that point.

Thanks to Brad for sending the draft and Vikings updates! I had to take several "bathroom breaks" to get a signal for the updates. I was keeping the other guys updated!

2 comments:

Brad said...

You are welcome. If I would have known where you were I would have started sending them earlier.

I was not fortunate enough to have the opportunity to attend those pre-birth classes. I was glad i didn't have to go for the situations you described, but there was a stretch of about two hours when I felt absolutly useless that I wish I would have take a class or two.

With that said, i would stack my getting-crushed-ice-for-her-to-eat-while-in-labor skills up agasint anyones.

Anonymous said...

I remember that long day myself. And being the youngest dad-to-be in the class, I was singled out way more often.

Oh, and just so you know that the time was completely wasted...You will remember little of what was taught, what you remember won't matter, and your wife will scream at you if you mention that this is what they told you to do in class.

Enjoy the ride!