Twins, beep ball, and the Wii

Last night I was able to go to the twins game with my grandpa. Its alway nice to get to a game, but even better to be able to go with gramps. It was a great game with amazing pitching! Even almost got to see Tyner hit the long ball! 3-4 with a single, double, triple isn't a bad night though! Especially when he is now trying to fill the shoes of Castillo! What a dumb trade! Anyway it was a great night at the ballpark!
Before the game, we were able to watch about 20 minutes of Beep Ball. It is baseball designed for blind people. The ball beeps so they know where it is. There are 2 bases, one down each foul line. Once the ball is hit, one of the bases beeps. The hitter runs to that base. If they can touch the base before the fielders control the ball, it is a run! It was so much fun to watch! I am so glad that those guys get the experience of playing baseball! It reminded me how lucky I am to be able to enjoy watching and playing baseball!
And finally, I can add two more 300's to my record! for some reason I just figured out how to bowl on the Wii! Its fun stuff! Especially since Kate and I will be in a friendly couples bowling tourny in September (hopefully). Fun times, fun times!

1 comments:

Brad said...

Will it be real bowling or just a video game? There is a difference you know. I am not even sure there is much of a translation from one to the other.

You might want to start doing some weight lifting. Even the lightest balls are about 50 times the weight of your little white plastic remote and you definitely don't cinch the ball around your wrist with a wrist strap.

Are you going home anytime soon?