Posers = Fakers =Wannabes


Just started re-reading this book! Found it on my shelf and thought I would give it another try. GREAT BOOK. This is a book that speaks honestly about what it means to live a life of Christ. Authenticity is huge to me. Sometimes it is hard to be authentic and a youth pastor - heck a Christian - at the same time. I am excited to spend some more time in this book.

This book is filled with possible quotes to put on your bathroom mirror, but one that stuck out to me is when he Quotes Anne Lomott.
"The secret is that God loves us exactly the way we are and that he loves us too much to let us stay like this, and I'm just trying to trust that." She makes two things plain here: God won't stop working on us until the job is complete AND God doesn't hold back his love because there is evil in us. Got now, not ever."
I would encourage you to get a copy of this book and read it up. But when you are done, don't just set it back on your shelf and forget about it. Put it into practice in your life. Either give away the book to someone else, or find someone to discuss the content with. Its too good to keep to yourself.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love B. Manning and am currently reading through all his books I can get a hand on. Though it's pretty much the same message over and over: God loves you, just as you are, right now. Simple. Profound.

I just finished up a 3-day "relaxed-intensive" youth ministry class with Youth Leadership out of the Twin Cities and will be posting a bunch of thoughts as I continue to process through that amazing time in the near future. You should get some free wisdom from Tiger through me, but I would recommend you take those classes as well.